Deep Qualitative Research
- In-depth interviewing
- Online community discussions
- In-person group discussions (workshopping, focus groups)
- Identifying trends and drivers for the development of “plausible future scenarios” relevant to the challenge at hand.
- Illuminating emergent human needs and strategic opportunities.
- Leveraging deep qualitative research methods to build detailed need-based personas.
- Leveraging quantitative research methods to validate persona segments, prioritize needs and quantify opportunity.
- Leveraging deep qualitative methods to populate the thinking/ feeling/ doing journey mapping framework for experience design applications.
- A participatory process that brings together diverse stakeholder groups for design prototyping purposes.
- For the purposes of user experience and technology design, use cases are captured to determine functional needs, activity flows and define design principles.
- Innovation in many forms
- Customer experience design
- User experience design
- Communication design
- Curriculum design
- Organizational design